Make September All About YOU!
September is National Self-Improvement Month — a perfect time for MoneyLion members to shine. This community is famous for self-improvement! From raising credit scores to lowering financial stress, millions of members have made personal and financial gains along their journey with us.
Money Fitness Challenge
For some extra motivation this month, take our Money Fitness Challenge. All you have to do is pledge to focus on self-improvement by reading our tips on social media and our blog, and you could win $100! We’ll give away $2,000 in the month of September to 20 lucky MoneyLion members who opt into the challenge. Download the MoneyLion app to receive a message you can click to opt in!
Propel Your Self-Improvement Journey
To start Self-Improvement Month on the right foot, take advantage of the Financial HeartbeatSM feature in the MoneyLion app. Knowing your score and reviewing your financial strengths and improvement areas can help you know where to focus and track your progress.
Financial Heartbeat: How It Works
To reach the Financial Heartbeat, swipe to the end of your mobile cards in the MoneyLion app until you see an animated heart icon and your Financial Heartbeat score. There you’ll be able to monitor four areas of your financial health — Save, Spend, Shield, and Score — and celebrate your progress with Strive.
- Save: The Save icon measures savings health — how well you are prepared for expenses, both unexpected and planned.
- Spend: The Spend icon helps you keep spending in line with your income — a critical step for financial strength.
- Shield: The Shield icon helps you understand and organize your insurance needs and coverage. Step by step, they can build their Shield of protection.
- Score: The Score icon encompasses credit score and overall credit health in terms of utilization and interest.
- Strive: The Strive icon keeps members motivated with badges and points for easy and big wins and positive financial steps.
Together, these five scores add up to your total Financial Heartbeat score (1.0 to 10.0, with 10.0 as a perfect score). By providing feedback and reinforcement, the Financial Heartbeat reflects and validates the hard work you put into improving your financial health.
Six Tips for Self-Improvement
Start using the Financial Heartbeat monitor in the MoneyLion app daily, and try these six tips for focusing on yourself this week. We’ll share new tips next week!
- Spend less than you earn. This one is a biggie. It’s a must for financial health. See the SAVE and SPEND tabs in the Financial Heartbeat monitor to check on your income-to-spending balance and to get tips. You got this! (Tweet this)
- Start a rainy day fund. Stash any extra pennies in a savings or a low-risk investment account to help ‘em grow. Visit the SAVE tab in the Financial Heartbeat feature to review your savings health. (Tweet this)
- Protect yourself and your stuff. Take the SHIELD quiz in the Financial Heartbeat feature to get an understanding of your insurance needs and coverage. The more you know, the more equipped you are to protect yourself and your loved ones. (Tweet this)
- Know your credit score. Your credit health is everything, and there are proven ways to work on it. You can visit the SCORE tab in the Financial Heartbeat monitor for an overview as well as the Credit tab on the home screen of your MoneyLion app. (Tweet this)
- Give yourself a high five! Working on your finances is a journey, and every step is progress. Check out ways to celebrate and stay motivated in the STRIVE tab of the FInancial Heartbeat monitor. The Rewards tab of the MoneyLion app is also a great place to find incentives and motivation! (Tweet this)
- Make financial health a habit. They say it takes 3 weeks to build a habit. Let’s do it! Check your Financial Heartbeat score every day for the next three weeks. You’ll learn something new every day and get more comfortable with tracking your finances. (Tweet this)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER MONEY FITNESS CHALLENGE. Void where prohibited. Sweepstakes open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. states and D.C. 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Begins 12:00 AM ET 9/1/19; ends 11:59 PM ET 9/27/19. For complete Official Rules and eligibility, visit here. Sponsor: MoneyLion Inc.
MoneyLion Checking Account provided by, and MoneyLion Visa® Debit Card issued by, Lincoln Savings Bank, Member FDIC. Terms and conditions apply.
Investment advisory services provided by ML Wealth, LLC. Investment Accounts Are Not FDIC Insured • No Bank Guarantee • Investments May Lose Value. For important information and disclaimers relating to the MoneyLion Investment Account, see Investment Account FAQs and FORM ADV. Broker-Dealer may charge a $0.25 withdrawal fee, among other fees. Funded accounts are subject to administrative fee of $1 per quarter.