MoneyLion Privacy Statement
Updated: December 30, 2021
MoneyLion is committed to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity, and security of personal information about our current, past and prospective customers. In the course of offering and providing financial products and services, we collect and maintain certain personal information. This Policy explains what personal information we collect and how we use and share any such personal information. It also explains what you can do to limit the use and sharing of your personal information.
Please take a moment to read this Policy carefully.
Types of information we Collect or Receive:
When you visit our website or mobile application (each and collectively the “Site”) or download and use our services to apply for a financial product or service, or open or maintain an account with us, you signify acceptance to the terms of this Policy and consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information as described below. If you do not agree with or you are not comfortable with any aspect of this Policy, you should immediately discontinue access or use of our services.
The Personal Information We Collect:
Personal information is data that can be used to identify you directly or indirectly, or to contact you (“Personal Information”). Our Policy covers all Personal Information that you voluntarily submit to us, that is collected from other sources including our partners, and that we obtain automatically. It includes:
- Personal Information you provide online and on applications or other forms, or mail to us, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, social security number, driver’s license number, passport, date of birth, income, profession/employment information, risk tolerance/ investment objectives.
- Personal Information about your transactions with or through us, such as your account balance, trading activity, loan amount, and account history, if applicable.
- Personal Information from consumer reporting agencies (for example, to assess your creditworthiness for loan products).
- Personal Information about you for account authentication and identity verification and for use with fraud prevention technologies.
- Personal Information you provide to us about your external financial accounts; such as bank account number, so that we may provide you with special product and service features.
- Financial responsibility profile information volunteered for Financial Heartbeat.
- Technical, navigational and other information transferred when visiting our Site, including: IP address, mobile device IDs, device type, cookies, browsing activity, location and browser type.
In addition, we may compile aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified data from various sources, In addition, we may compile aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified data from various sources, including but not limited to accounts and transactions. This data, which we may use for our business purposes consistent with applicable law, does not identify individual customers.
How Your Personal Information is used:
MoneyLion does not sell any Personal Information to any third party.
We may disclose Personal Information we collect, such as the categories described above, to make our financial products and services, as well as those offered by our service providers, available to you. We may also use and disclose Personal Information with your consent. If you decide to withhold certain information, it may limit our ability to provide you with the services or products you request or that may be of interest to you.
Location information. Certain features in the MoneyLion app provided by our third party partners may collect your precise location information, device motion information, or both, if you grant permission to do so in your device settings. MoneyLion does not collect, store or use location information, but our third party partners may collect and store this information to provide the service or feature within our app. When you opt-in to any such service, you authorize the relevant third party to collect and use your location information for the purpose for which it was collected. This location information may be used to operate and enhance the third party’s service as well as customize the content we provide to you from our partners. For example, if you opt-in to a third party partner’s auto savings insurance feature, location data will be collected and used by our partner for potential insurance discounts.
Disclosure of Information:
We may disclose your Personal Information to the following entities:
- Our affiliated and subsidiary companies (please see below to learn how you may limit the sharing of some of this information for marketing purposes by our affiliated companies).
- Non-affiliated third parties that perform services, such as marketing or market research, on our behalf (for example, we may provide your name, address, phone number, or email address to third parties that send email or regular mail on our behalf).
- Non-affiliated third parties under contract that service, maintain, or process your transactions and accounts (for example, companies that provide administrative, telecommunications, computer, trade execution, payment, and securities clearing services, and that prepare and mail account statements and transaction confirmations and other services in connection with the operation of our business).
- Non-affiliated third parties as permitted or required by law to defend our rights or enforce a contract, or to cooperate with government agencies or regulators, (including for tax purposes), securities exchanges, self-regulatory bodies (such as FINRA) and law enforcement officials (for example, for reporting suspicious activity or transactions, complying with a subpoena).
- Non-affiliated third parties to protect against actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions, and to protect the security of our records and systems, unless prohibited by law.
- Non-affiliated third parties at your direction or for which you provide your express consent (for example, banking or financial institutions and professional service providers).
Our service providers are obligated to keep the Personal Information we share with them confidential and use it only to provide services specified by MoneyLion.
How We Protect Personal Information About You:
MoneyLion considers the protection of Personal Information to be a foundation of customer trust and a sound business practice. We maintain reasonable physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to protect your Personal Information and we regularly adapt these controls to respond to changing requirements and advances in technology.
At MoneyLion, we restrict access to Personal Information to those who require it to develop, support, offer and deliver products and services to you.
Your Digital Privacy:
Privacy, security, and service in MoneyLion’s online operations are just as critical as in the rest of our business. We use firewall barriers, encryption techniques and authentication procedures, and we enforce physical access controls to our buildings among other controls, to maintain the security of your online session and to protect MoneyLion accounts and systems from unauthorized access.
As referenced above, we may collect technical and navigational information for a variety of purposes, such as maintaining the security of your session, facilitating Site navigation, improving our Site design and functionality, and personalizing your experience.
Collection and Use of Information Collected Automatically:
We receive and store certain types of information automatically, such as when you visit our Site or download and use our services. This information does not necessarily reveal your identity directly but may include information about the specific device you are using, such as the hardware model, operating system version, or web-browser software. For example, we may use data collection and tracking tools such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, and other similar tracking techniques that may be downloaded to your personal computer, tablet, mobile phone or other device when you visit or interact with our Site.
“Cookies” are small amounts of data that a Site can send to your web browser and store on your computer. Cookies do not contain Personal Information (unless you knowingly provide it). We use both “session ID” cookies and “persistent” cookies. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” directory. If you reject cookies, you may still use the Site but your ability to use some areas of the Site content may be limited.
This Site is not directed at individuals under the age of eighteen (18) MoneyLion does not knowingly collect or receive Personal Information from any individual under the age of eighteen (18). Further,
Access and Update Your Personal Information:
As a customer, you may access and update your Personal Information. You will find more information at help.moneylion.com or through the MoneyLion mobile application by clicking on your profile picture in the top left then select “personal information” from the main menu and click on the arrow next to Personal Information you wish to update.
Limit the Sharing of Your Personal Information:
You may limit or “opt-out” of sharing your Personal Information with our affiliated companies for marketing purposes, information about your creditworthiness and for nonaffiliates to market to you.
To do so:
Call 1-888-704-6970 and our menu will prompt you through your choices; or email us at [email protected].
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS:
Effective January 1, 2020, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) allows California residents, upon a verifiable consumer request and subject to applicable exemptions, to request that we give you access, and (if technically feasible) in readily usable form, to the specific pieces and categories of Personal Information that we have collected or shared about you. California residents also have the right to submit a request for deletion of Personal Information under certain circumstances that MoneyLion is not otherwise entitled to maintain.
Consistent with California law, MoneyLion will not discriminate against those who exercise their rights. Specifically, if you exercise your rights, we will not deny you services, charge you different prices for services or provide you with a different level or quality of services based on this exercise of your rights.
To submit a data request, please follow the instructions in the “Contact Us” section below. For your protection, we will need to verify your identity using the information associated with your account, including email address, date of birth, and taxpayer identification number via the linked submission form before fulfilling your request. Government identification may be required. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and consistent with applicable law, which may take up to 45 days following verification of your identity. We will inform you if additional time is needed to verify your information.
Please note that the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, Bank Secrecy Act, and the CCPA and other applicable laws allows us to keep certain forms of data for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion. In addition, there may be certain data that we may not allow you to review for legal, security, or other reasons.
Updates to this Policy:
We may update this Policy to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes, we will notify you by email or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you have any questions about our Policy, please contact MoneyLion Customer Service at
1-888-704-6970 or go to help.MoneyLion.com
California Resident Requests:
To take advantage of your disclosure and deletion rights if you so choose, please complete the following submission form. We will respond to your request within 45 days of receipt of your request, after proper verification, unless we need additional time, in which case we will let you know.
MoneyLion Privacy Notice
Updated: December 30, 2021
|FACTS||WHAT DOES MONEYLION TECHNOLOGIES INC. DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?|
|Why?||Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.|
|What?||The types of personal information we collect, and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:|
• Application Information: This is the information you provide us on applications and through other means as part of an application process
• Transaction and Experience Information: This includes information about your transactions and account experience, as well as information about our communications with you.
• Consumer Reporting Information: This includes the information and consumer report we may obtain from a consumer reporting agency
• Social Security Numbers and Employment Information
• Information from Outside Sources: This could include information we receive regarding your employment, credit, or other relationships
• Survey and Research Information: This includes information you provide to us through a survey or research questions we may ask you
• Other General Information: This includes information from outside sources such as public records.
When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice
|How?||All financial companies need to share customer’s personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customer’s personal information; the reason MoneyLion chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.|
|Reasons we can share your personal information||Does MoneyLion Share?||Can you limit this sharing?|
|For our everyday business purposes – |
to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, and report to credit bureaus
|For our marketing purposes – To offer our products and services to you||Yes||No|
|For joint marketing with other financial companies||Yes||No|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your transactions and experiences||Yes||No|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness||Yes||Yes|
|For our affiliates to market to you||Yes||Yes|
|For nonaffiliates to market to you||Yes||Yes|
|To limit our sharing||Call: 1-888-704-6970 |
Email: [email protected]
If you are a new customer, we can begin sharing your information 30 days from the date you receive this notice. When you are no longer our customer, we can continue to share your information as described in this notice.
However, you can contact us at any time to limit our sharing.
|Questions?||Call: 1-888-704-6970 |
|Who we are|
|Who is providing this notice?||MoneyLion Technologies Inc., and its subsidiaries and affiliates, is providing this privacy notice and it applies to products and services provided by the company. This privacy notice also applies to our associated agents and servicers that may provide services on our behalf.|
|What we do|
|How does MoneyLion protect your personal information?||To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with industry standards. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. |
We restrict access to your information to those employees who need to know it to provide products and services to you.
|How does MoneyLion collect my personal information?||We collect your personal information, for example, when you|
• Submit any application
• Open an account or deposit money
• Pay any bills
• Apply for or make payments on a loan
• Use your debit card
• Give us your income information
• Give us your contact information
• Tell us where to send your money
• Provide account information
• Show us your government-based identification
• Respond to a survey or research questions
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
|Why can’t I limit all sharing?||Federal law gives you the right to limit some but not all sharing related to:|
• Affiliate’s everyday business purposes- information about your creditworthiness
• Affiliates from using your information to market to you
• Nonaffiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
|What happens when I limit sharing for an account I hold jointly with someone else?||Your choices will apply to all users of the account.|
|Affiliates||Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial or nonfinancial companies.|
Our affiliates include:
• MoneyLion Inc., ML Wealth LLC, MoneyLion Securities LLC, ML Plus, LLC., all of our parent, subsidiary and affiliate companies including, but not limited to our state licensed lenders: MoneyLion of Alabama LLC, MoneyLion of Arizona, LLC, MoneyLion of California LLC, MoneyLion of Colorado, LLC, MoneyLion of Connecticut, LLC, MoneyLion of Delaware LLC, MoneyLion of Florida, LLC, MoneyLion of Georgia, MoneyLion of Idaho LLC, MoneyLion of Illinois LLC, MoneyLion of Indiana LLC, MoneyLion of Kansas LLC, MoneyLion of Louisiana LLC, MoneyLion of Maryland LLC, MoneyLion of Minnesota LLC,, MoneyLion of Mississippi LLC, MoneyLion of Missouri LLC, MoneyLion of New Jersey, LLC, MoneyLion of New Mexico LLC, MoneyLion of New York LLC, MoneyLion of Nevada LLC, MoneyLion of North Carolina, MoneyLion of North Dakota LLC, MoneyLion of Ohio LLC, MoneyLion of Oklahoma LLC, MoneyLion of Oregon LLC, MoneyLion of South Carolina LLC, MoneyLion of South Dakota LLC, MoneyLion of Tennessee LLC, MoneyLion of Texas, LLC, MoneyLion of Utah LLC, MoneyLion of Virginia LLC, MoneyLion of Wyoming LLC, MoneyLion of Washington LLC, MoneyLion of Wisconsin LLC, and other subsidiaries including , MoneyLion of Malaysia SDN DHB, Wealth Technologies Inc., Aqqru LLC, and Malka Media Group LLC.
|Nonaffiliates||Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.|
Nonaffiliates we share with include collection agencies, servicers, consumer reporting agencies, contract buyers, investors, database providers, and others.
|Joint Marketing||Formal agreements between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.|
Our joint marketers may include financial services companies.
Other Important Information