It’s PSL season, people! What’s PSL? It’s that perennial fall drink that you either hate or love — the Pumpkin Spice Latte. And once it starts appearing at coffee shops and convenience stores and gas stations everywhere, you know that fall has arrived. Along with the PSL come other quintessential fall activities like devouring Halloween candy, picking apples, and playing outside.
The cool thing about these fun fall activities is that they are often free or cheap. Fall is about simple, cozy treats and pretty drives to the apple orchard or pumpkin patch.
Table of Contents
Get 2% Cashback While You’re Getting Your Autumn On!
Check out our list of cheap (or free) fun fall activities below. While you’re on the road to grab your PSL, actual pumpkins, apples, football food, or other fall essentials, make sure you use your MoneyLion Debit Mastercard® any time you stop at a gas station or service station in October because you’ll earn 2% cashback on your purchases — from snacks to gas to drinks — up to $25 for the month.
Don’t have a MoneyLion Debit Mastercard? No problem. You can enroll in a RoarMoneySM account, add funds, and immediately activate and use your virtual card to earn cashback! No waiting for a card in the mail to earn cashback.
Budget-Friendly Fall Activities
- Go for a drive. Leisurely weekend rides are even better in the fall because the weather is a bit cooler and the leaves are changing (hopefully). Pack up the fam — or escape solo, we get it — and take a ride with the windows down to breathe in the fall air.
- Make your own pumpkin spice latte. A quick search on the web will turn up some easy recipes.
- Go apple picking! Simply do a Google search on “Apple picking near me” to find a nice place to pick crispy, tasty apples while staying six feet apart. Apples taste so much better when you pick them yourself. Trust us.
- Go on a nature hike. Explore your local parks to check out the changing fall landscape. It’s a lot easier to hike and stroll when the temperature is finally not 90.
- Visit a pumpkin patch. Pick out a fresh pumpkin and carve it into a jack-o-lantern when you get home. Find some creative jack-o-lantern ideas on your favorite craft website.
- Jump in a pile of leaves! If you’re lucky (or unlucky, depending on how you look at it) enough to live in a place where the leaves change color and fall into your yard, rake those leaves into a pile and let the kiddos jump in.
- Plan your holiday spending. Okay, this one isn’t totally fun, but it’ll be so worth it when you’ve mapped out the things you’ll need and the most affordable way to get them.
Earn Cashback with RoarMoney
As you do these cheap fall activities, don’t forget to reach for your MoneyLion Debit Mastercard to earn cashback at gas stations and service stations in October. It’s part of our Cashback of the Month, and we’ll be offering new cashback categories every month!