Wednesday, April 7, 1-2 pm EST
Includes live Q&A Join New York Times bestselling author and entrepreneur, Nely Galán, and a panel of experts from the US Small Business Administration (SBA) for a hands-on working session and live Q&A showing women how to connect to COVID-19 financial relief and resources at the federal and state levels.
Registration open through Tuesday April 6
Nely Galán is the author of the New York Times best-selling book, Self Made. “There is no true empowerment until you are financially self-reliant,” she says. Her parents and family immigrated to New Jersey from Cuba in 1967, leaving behind all of their possessions and finances in search of a better life for themselves. “I learned early that bad things can happen to good people – make yourself over in all parts of your life starting with your money.”
Who should attend?
Entrepreneurs, small business owners, freelancers and anyone with a side gig.
At the end of the hour, you’ll know how to:
- Apply for a Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Second Draw Loan. PPP loans are SBA-backed forgivable loans that help small businesses keep their workforces employed during the COVID-19 crisis. We’re going to fill out the application form together; download your copy here. Important: The SBA is offering PPP Second Draw Loans only until May 31, 2021, so don’t miss out!
- Apply for a Shuttered Venue Operators (SVO) Grant. This grant provides emergency assistance for eligible venues affected by COVID-19. But there’s no time to waste! The deadline to apply is April 8, 2021. We’ll be going over:
- Who can apply
- How to apply
- How much to apply for
- What applications to fill out
- The preliminary application checklist. Download your copy here.
- Apply for an Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL). This loan provides economic relief to small businesses and nonprofit organizations that are currently experiencing a temporary loss of revenue. We’ll walk you through the online and provide updates on EIDL and EIDL Advances. The deadline for applying for an EIDL loan is December 31, 2021. Applicants do not need to take any action re EIDL Advances. SBA is reaching out to those who qualify.
Get ready to rock. You got this!
Spots available through Tuesday, April 6, only