Wondering how you’ll afford presents for the whole squad? Secretly ranking friends and family to see whom you can cross off your list? Before you give anyone the axe, check out these DIY gifts to suit even the tightest budget. You might even discover a new source of income!
- Package treats in a jar: Fill a mason jar with ingredients for hot chocolate, sugar cookies, five-bean soup, or another easy recipe and tie on a recipe card with a ribbon. Give some out at work to show your creativity and holiday spirit to the top dogs.
- Make sugar body scrub: Give a bath product that’s truly handcrafted and natural by making a soothing scrub of sugar and coconut oil (find recipes on Pinterest). If you devise something great, consider selling your scrubs online or at a craft fair to make extra money.
- Give your services: Does grandma’s dog need exercise? Know a mom who needs a break? Friends and family will love coupons for your babysitting, pet-sitting, and cleaning services. You may discover a new side hustle. Say you find walking dogs enjoyable, you can start making extra money by offering a dog-walking service in your neighborhood.
- Make a scavenger hunt: Design a hunt that takes your bestie or significant other to special places from your relationship. Research has shown that shared experiences are much more memorable for both recipients and givers alike. People who are good at planning activities are also often hired for kids and grownup parties. If you uncover a new skill, consider designing custom scavenger hunts as a side gig.
- Take care of yourself: Your friends and family want you to be happy and healthy more than anything, so give yourself MoneyLion Credit Builder Plus this year. You’ll get access to 5.99% APR loans, zero-fee checking, Instacash advances, and a managed investment account. Mom will be proud, and you’ll have money for today while saving for tomorrow. Learn more.
If you’re looking for more DIY gift ideas, explore Pinterest’s selection of Easy DIY Gifts.
MoneyLion Checking Account provided by, and MoneyLion Visa® Debit Card issued by, Lincoln Savings Bank, Member FDIC. Terms and conditions apply.
Cash advance requires current membership and MoneyLion Checking Account. All Credit Builder Plus members are automatically eligible to access up to $50 of cash advance. Cash advance limit can be increased to up to $250 by setting up direct deposit into MoneyLion Checking and after two or more consecutive direct deposits have cleared, or at MoneyLion’s discretion. MoneyLion Checking Account provided by Lincoln Savings Bank, member FDIC. Terms and Conditions Apply. See Membership Agreement and Cash Advance FAQs for more information.
Investment advisory services provided by ML Wealth, LLC. Investment Accounts Are Not FDIC Insured • No Bank Guarantee • Investments May Lose Value. For important information and disclaimers relating to the MoneyLion Investment Account, see Investment Account FAQs and FORM ADV. Broker-Dealer may charge a $0.25 withdrawal fee, among other fees. Funded accounts are subject to administrative fee of $1 per quarter.
Current Credit Builder Plus membership required for Credit Builder Plus loan eligibility; the $19.99 monthly fee will be withdrawn from your linked bank account. All loans with an Annual Percentage Rate of 5.99% are made by either exempt or state-licensed subsidiaries of MoneyLion Inc. The Credit Builder Plus loan may, at lender’s discretion, require a portion of the loan proceeds to be deposited into a reserve account managed by ML Wealth, LLC and held by Drivewealth LLC, member SIPC and FINRA. The funds in this account will be placed into DARXX, a Dreyfus Securities Cash Management vehicle, and may generate interest at prevailing market rates. You will not be able to access the portion of your loan proceeds held in the credit reserve account until you have paid off your loan, and so long as your Credit Builder Plus membership payments are current. If you default on your loan, your credit reserve account may be liquidated by the lender to partially or fully satisfy your outstanding indebtedness. May not be available in all states.
Credit Reserve Accounts Are Not FDIC Insured • No Bank Guarantee • Investments May Lose Value. For important information and disclaimers relating to the MoneyLion Credit Reserve Account, see Investment Account FAQs and FORM ADV.