Emergency kit checklist ✅
We prepared this essential checklist of everything your home needs room by room in case of an emergency because you can never be too prepared. Time to stock up.
Let’s go room by room ?
- One gallon of water per person per day for at least three days
- Three-day supply per person of non-perishable foods that can be eaten without heat
- Manual can-opener
- Cooler for food storage, and a couple bags of ice (if possible)
- Battery-powered or crank-powered radio
- Lots of extra batteries
- Temperature controlled medications
- Additional trash bags
- First aid kit (bandages, aspirin, disinfectant swabs)
- Additional toilet paper
- Hand sanitizer/Disinfectant wipes
- Dust mask
- Whistle (for signaling)
- Candles and matches
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
- Ax or shovel
- Duct tape
Personal items ?
- Checkbook, cash, and credit cards
- Cell phone with charger
- One change of clothes per family member
- Air Mattress with pump
- Sleeping bags/pillow
- Medical equipment or devices
- Local map
- Jumper cables
- Emergency signal device
- Car cell phone charger
- Bottled water
- Paper and pencil
Important papers to have handy ?
- Driver’s license or personal identification
- Social Security card
- Proof of residence (deed or lease)
- Insurance policies
- Birth and marriage certificates
- Stocks, bonds, and other negotiable certificates
- Wills, deeds, and copies of recent tax returns
Print it out ?
Print out this list of items you may need in case of an emergency or evacuation and always keep on hand. Also, check out our blog on ==How to prepare your home for any disaster==.