In celebration of Financial Literacy Month, we’re teaching people how to money better. This week we’ve curated a list of our best wealth building money hacks to help you earn while you learn.
- Stream your way to better creditYou read that right. You can pay for monthly subscriptions like Netflix or Spotify with your credit card. This could help boost your credit score while you Netflix and chill.
- Turn your bathroom time into money timeWho knew your time in the loo could be used to file taxes, invest, and find cheaper insurance? The MoneyLion app is a great place to start when you’re on the throne.
- A cup of joe can save you doughThat’s right, you can use the spare change from your daily Double Espresso to start investing. Learn about how Round Ups work with the MoneyLion app.
- Paying off credit cards? Timing is everything.You can help boost your credit score just by making a payment right before your cycle close date. Sometimes procrastination pays. But make sure it’s still on time and to keep your balance low.
Source: giphy.gifArticle Source: Experian: “What Is a Billing Cycle?”, April 2022
- Make your savings work for youInterest can be interesting, especially for your wallet. A high yield savings account can earn you around 4% APY. That’s up to 20-25x higher than traditional savings accounts. Thank us later.
Source: giphy.gifSource: Investopedia: “What is a High-Yield Savings Account?”, November 3 2021
- File your taxes for freeTaxes are a pain. Fees make it worse. So, ditch tax filing websites. The IRS website offers guided filing for free. And it’s just as simple.
- Safe drivers save moneyDid you know it pays to be a good driver? Seriously, you can save up to 40% off on your auto insurance*. The MoneyLion Driver Score feature tracks your driving skills to help save you more.
Shave years off your mortgage
Own a home? Consider switching to biweekly payments. You’ll make an extra payment each year, but you’ll potentially shave YEARS off your mortgage payments.
Source: giphy.gif Article Source: Rocket Mortgage: “Biweekly Mortgage Payments: Are They A Good Choice For You?”, March 2023
- Get paid to snoozeWhy not also get paid for what you love? You can earn money testing games at PlayTestCloud.com, and there’s other sites where listening to music, or even sleeping can help fatten your wallet.
- Save some green on gasFilling up your tank on Mondays or Tuesdays is cheaper, and you can use apps like GasBuddy to find the cheapest gas around you. Not to mention the cash back you get for using qualifying credit cards.Source: ash-evil-dead.gifArticle Source: Independent: “Millenial Money: 7 credit card moves to stretch your budget” October 2022
Join us for wealth building week and learn about more easy money-making hacks by downloading the MoneyLion app. For every time you money.