Below we’re sharing a blog post from our partner, dfree®. dfree is a non-profit that provides approachable financial solutions for the African American community, sharing MoneyLion’s mission to help make financial security more achievable for all.
Staying Focused During COVID-19
There’s a constant, overwhelming influx of information and updates: closings, precautions, warnings, etcetera on the Coronavirus a.k.a COVID-19. Whether you’re watching the news or scrolling through social media, this information can for sure be overwhelming and quite frankly, scary.
The reality is we don’t know how long this pandemic will last and affect our daily lives. However, instead of letting fear control us during this time of uncertainty, let’s proactively plan for our sustainability and future.
Here are some lifestyle and money tips to help you get control during COVID-19:
- Cancel unnecessary subscriptions and memberships
- See what free/discounted resources are available nationally, regionally and locally
- Invest in yourself – maximize the time home to learn or create something new
- Be aware of potential scam attempts
- Don’t waste money on unnecessary things – i.e., clothes, shoes, etc.
- Contact your lenders and loan service companies
- Keep track of credit reports
- Look out for seniors
- Don’t over-buy out of fear
- Take advantage of lower interest rates/refinance
- Keep some cash on hand
- Look for opportunities to cut expenses – reevaluate your needs versus you
Remember this too shall pass. Be sure to keep up with us as we go through social distancing together.
MoneyLion & dfree’s Vision for Financial Security
Together, MoneyLion and dfree® aim to provide tools that help dfree® members achieve credit building, positive banking relationships, and generational wealth through investing. Learn more about the curriculum and tools MoneyLion and dfree offer here.