Beth Paretta and Simona de Silvestro have made history! Beth is Paretta Autosport’s CEO and Team Principal of the first female-forward racing team. Simona is an IndyCar Driver who drives for Paretta Autosport’s
They made history when they qualified for the 2021 Indy 500 race Sunday, May 30th, as the first female-owned Indy racing team with a female majority staff to compete in the illustrious race. MoneyLion has been a proud supporter of Beth and Simona as both sponsors and fans throughout their historic journey.
For the Girls Who Want to Go Faster
MoneyLion worked with Beth, Simona, and their team to produce the TV Commercial above for race day. It was created to inspire all The Girls Who Want to Go Faster — encouraging women to achieve their dreams and fight for equality in all areas of life.
Women Who Roar
MoneyLion makes financial products that have helped millions of Americans fuel their way to financial wellness. Especially women. Some of the stories from our MoneyLion Mom’s are truly incredible.
Our sponsorship of Paretta Autosport is part of our Women Who Roar series, where we spotlight impressive women and partner with companies that push women further. We feel very strongly about this because the pandemic has driven millions of women out of the workforce. Did you know:
- 2.5M+ women have dropped out of the labor force between February 2020 and this January, compared to ~1.8M men.
- 56%: Women’s labor force participation rate, which is at its lowest level since 1987. Women of color have been significantly affected.
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Check out a few of the Women Who Roar video interviews on Cheddar.
- Paretta Autosport is the First Female-Forward Indy Race Car Team
- Entrepreneur, Nely Galán, Shares Her Journey on Becoming Self Made
- Chief Co-Founder Lindsay Kaplan Helps Women Rise Up to the C-Suite
- CareerBuilder CEO Irina Novoselsky Talks About Being a Go-Getter
- Play Like a Girl CEO Dr. Clay Levels the Playing Field for Girls in STEM
- dfree’s Executive Director Tamika Stembridge Shares Money Tips
Play Like A Girl at Indy 500
During qualifying for the Indy 500, MoneyLion partnered with Team Penske, Paretta Autosport, and the non-profit Play Like a Girl to have an event to teach girls about racing.
As part of the Play Like a Girl event, we teamed up to design this Race for Equality T-shirt, which you can buy to support the race. All T-shirt proceeds go to Play Like A Girl. They are a non-profit organization focused on teaching girls about Science, Technology, and Math (STEM). The event focused on race car engineering and was a great success!
Please show your support:
- Buy the Race for Equality T-shirt and support Play Like a Girl
- Share this post on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Cheer Simona on during the Indy 500 on Sunday, May 30th, 2021.